- Registration bug for 5-day expiration fixed.
- Added TODAY'S Stats in pop-up stats screens for the individual players from the lineup screen during gameplay.
- The pop-up stats screens also now include: Pitcher's opinion on how he's doing (if in the dugout) and how many pitches thrown.
- Pop-up stats screens also includes other status: At Bat, in the field, on the mound, already played, etc.
- Changed default for RATINGS screen to NOT appear
- Added close button on RATINGS screen
- Corrected display of version number in playback screens.
- Round Robin team IDs fixed
- Schedule bug fixed: Playing Baltimore (or first team) extra games at beginning of each round.
- Implemented saved lineups... see below
- Implemented load & save lineups.
- Added indicator text at top of batting order to tell: which handed pitcher lineup is based on and whether it's a saved lineup or not.
- Added ADVANCED SETTING to allow you to override the Skipper's lineup with yours.
- Fixed lineup settings on ADVANCED SETTINGS screen. You can ignore saved lineups (uses Skipper's lineups), replace injured or missing players with simple position swaps (i.e. if your 3rd baseman is injured, the Skipper puts another 3rd baseman in the SAME SPOT in your lineup), or have the Skipper completely redo your lineup if there are any injuries or missing players.
- Fixed ASK SKIPPER function on lineup screen (when game not in-progress). Now will put in Skipper's batting order if you ASK ADVICE, then choose ACCEPT. Note, Skipper will NOT suggest an entirely new lineup for you, he will simple re-arrange your batting order if necessary. To get the Skipper's lineup if there's a saved lineup, use the ADVANCED SETTING: Ignore Saved Lineups. Otherwise, you can simply click on NEXT, then PREV to reset his lineup.
- Fixed a bug in the auto-rate function in igiBall. This fixes the pitcher's auto-ratings.
- Added "Standard" reports to main menus to include pitching and batting leaders and team standings.
- Fixed auto-rated pitchers and most skin colors in all 3 stats files.
- Thanks to Chris K. 2002 stats now include 2002 ballpark dimensions.
- Added draft of ACTIONKEYS.TXT file for notes on how to pitch and bat in action mode. Download here.
This first version handles many new configurations of leagues and divisions with many fewer limitations than the EWB II or previous igiBall versions.
There are many, many permutations of team configurations and schedule requirements. It is not possible for me to exhaustively test all these permutations. I did as much testing as I felt I could focusing both on conventional configurations and very odd settings. I really do need your help in finding and isolating problems with the scheduler. Please read the assumptions and known problems below before reporting any bugs.
What it WILL do:
- Create schedules for leagues of just about any configuration.
- Handles leagues with 1, 2 or 3 divisions per league and 1 or 2 leagues.
- Handles leagues with mismatched numbers of teams in each division.
- Handles divisions with only 1 team in them (assuming there is at least 1 team in another division)
- Manages series pretty nicely. I recommend using 2 or 3 game series.
- Fixes input and saving bugs with the Create/Edit and Play Schedule screens.
- Allows for intra-division, inter-division and inter-league play.
- Auto-corrects settings (i.g. adjusts intra-division, inter-division and/or inter-league game totals) to handle oddly configured leagues
- Insures, in most cases, that teams have equal numbers of home and away games.
- Tries very hard to schedule intra-divisional series at key intervals throughout the season focusing on the beginning and end of season series.
- Should work fine with schedules created in EWB II.
- Assumes that the number of games per season is an even number (i.e. no 151 game seasons).
- Assumes that at least 2 teams are selected ANYWHERE in either league.
- Does not support double headers.
- Maximum schedule length is about 180 games (depending on the league configuration). Actual limitation is that of a 200 game schedule. But current scheduler currently adds about 15% additional game days to the number of games in a season (e.g. a 100 game schedule usually takes about 115 days to play).
Known problems/limitations (which I will keep working to eliminate as a high priority)
- Back-to-back series occur much to frequently. Exacerbated by oddly configured leagues (I've seen teams play each other as many as 9 times in a row in a schedule set for 3 series games - but it was a weird team configuration)
- While the end of the season is full of games and few byes, the beginning and middle of the season is often full of several days (on a team-by-team basis) with no games scheduled. One of the goals was to insure the end of the season having very full schedules of intra-divisional play. Again, this is exacerbated by oddly configured leagues (e.g. 3 teams in an entire league).
- Sometimes the Play Schedule menu does not correctly select an "end game" for playing. This is pretty obvious as the end game field will be blank. However, the pull down menu is correctly configured for selecting games.
© 2002 Dombrower Corporation